HOW TO FIND THE RIGHT FLOORING CONTRACTOR
If you are planning to redo the flooring in your Maryland home or install flooring in a home addition, one of the most important decisions you will make will be the contractor you hire. There are several crucial considerations in choosing a flooring contractor. The first step in the process is finding good contractors to interview for your project.
Keeping in mind some important considerations about choosing the best flooring contractor for the job will help you narrow the field when you start trying to find the contractors you will interview. Here are some key things to be thinking about:
- Does the contractor have experience with the specific kind of work you want done?
- Does the contractor have a good reputation in the Maryland community?
- What kind of reputation does the contractor have for pricing his/her work?
- Who recommended the contractor?
- Have there been complaints or lawsuits against the contractor?
- Is the contractor properly certified and/or licensed?
- Do you have reason to believe you can trust the contractor to be in your home and around your family?
- Do you have reason to believe the contractor will provide the promised quality of work?
When choosing the contractors you will interview and from whom you will request estimates on your project, you will certainly want to do your homework and check out each contractor you are considering. A great way to sift through the vast number of options is to look at reviews and testimonials. This will give you an idea of what the average customer has said about their flooring options and installation.
Because of the importance of trusted recommendations, this is the best place to start when you are looking for the right contractor for your project. Here are some of the best ways to find reliable contractors:
- Ask family members who have had work done in their homes.
- Ask friends who have had similar work done.
- Ask neighbors who have remodeled.
- Ask co-workers about their flooring experiences.
- Look at online review sites or social media.
- Check with the better business bureau and the chamber of commerce in Maryland.
These people should be able to give you a list of reliable contractors. Most flooring contractors today have a website that you’ll then want to look at to see if you can find before and after pictures. That way you can evaluate their past work. Remember that it is okay to ask to see previous work from the contractor as well.